- Tanya Goyal (2023, PhD): Assistant Professor at Cornell after postdoc at Princeton
- Jiayi Wei (2023, PhD, co-advised with Isil Dillig): AugmentCode
- Yasumasa Onoe (2023, PhD, co-advised with Eunsol Choi): Google
- Jifan Chen (2023, PhD, co-advised with Eunsol Choi): Amazon AWS
- Jiacheng Xu (2022, PhD): Salesforce Research
- Su Wang (2020, PhD, co-advised with Katrin Erk): Google
Past MS/Undergrad Students
- Jarad Forristal (2023, undergraduate): PhD program, UC San Diego
- Adithya Bhaskar (2023, undergraduate intern): PhD program, Princeton
- Ryo Kamoi (2023, MS): PhD program, Penn State
- Michael Royzen (2022, undergraduate): startup
- Ojas Ahuja (2022, undergraduate): Waymo
- Liyan Tang (2021, undergraduate): PhD program at UT Austin
- Nila Selvaraj (2021, undergraduate): Meta
- Shrey Desai (2020, undergraduate): Meta
- Shih-Ting Lin (2020, MS): Instacart
- Lucy Zhao (2020, undergraduate): Jump Trading
- Akshay Kumar Gupta (2020, undergraduate): Plaid
- Dhruv Rajan (2019, undergraduate): Robinhood
- Aditya Gupta (2019, MS): Google
- Isabel Cachola (2019, undergraduate, also advised by Jessy Li): AI2 Predoctoral Young Investigator, then PhD program at Johns Hopkins
- David Mueller (2018, undergraduate): PhD program at Johns Hopkins
- Victoria Lestari (2018, MS): Google London
Prospective MS/PhD students: Please apply to the appropriate Computer Science
degree program at UT through the standard channels. Contacting me personally is not necessary, as there are places in the application where you can flag your interest in working with me.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, I am unable to consult with prospective students about their applications or level of qualification for the program.
MS/PhD students already at UT: Please email Greg directly.
Undergraduates at UT: If you are interested in joining the lab, please email Greg directly. In your email, you should (1) attach a resume; (2) briefly describe any particularly relevant
prior experience. I typically do not take students who are looking for one-semester projects or capstone supervision.
Undergraduates/MS students from other institutions looking for internships: I do not typically take interns from other institutions. You can still feel free to email me.
I am more likely to consider you if you are at an institution in Texas or are an underrepresented minority in Computer Science.